Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBAC: how to extend (again) evaluation license

raziel78kain
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

we have installed a CUBAC and, after the initial 5 days of evaluation, we have activated the 60 days evaluation license.

Now, we have had issues to obtain the permanent license, so it won't arrive before the expiration of the 60 days.

Is there a way to extend again the evaluation license?

TIA and regards.

3 Replies 3

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you have the Cisco Sales Order number you can try reaching out to licensing@cisco.com to see if they can issue you a temporary license or give you the permanent code (usually they know it once the order is fulfilled). Short of that your Cisco AM is the only other option here.

Hi,

I have noticed that on the web page

http://cisco-ac.arcsolutions.com/Use...movaltool.aspx

there is a "License Removal Tool".

When I try to launch it on CUxAC server, it first shows the MAC Address of the server, then it asks for a "Removal code".

I have three questions:

1. In which scenarios can I use this tool?
  2. Can I use it to remove the 60 days evaluation license?
  3. How can I obtain the "Removal code"?

Thanks again and regards.

The License Removal Tool is something only TAC Engineers can properly use.  So to explicitly answer your questions:

1) You can use this tool only if the Cisco Support Engineer deems you in need to remove a license. 

2) This tool can be used to remove all licenses that exist on a system, even the 60-day eval.  But this must be done by a TAC Engineer.

3) Only TAC Engineers can generate a removal code, but they are subject to a specific need for one.

Regards,

Jason