Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBAC Multisite DNs

h_ramdolin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I need to configure Cisco Business Attendant Console in a multi site environment. The requirements are as follow:

VoIP is currently deployed on 2 sites (Site A and Site B) with a centralized call manager on Site A.

Requirements:

The operator on Site B must be able to view Directory Numbers for his site only once logged on attendant console (client). Currently he is able to view DNs from both.

Site A are on extension 1XXX and Site B on 9XXX

Can you please advise how do I configure the above? Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I guess Im lost on your question.  The AC operator must be able to view all directory numbers, and you stated that is able to view all DNs from both sites.   

CUBAC basically pulls the directory listing from the End User directory in CUCM.  If this is not correct, then the numbers and names will not show up correctly.  You will also probably need to configure a clusterwide CSS Subscribe list for all the Presence indicators to work correctly.   Presence is a little buggy.  But if its working now, then you should be good

Jason Newman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hemant,

What version of the CUBAC software are you currently on?  Recently in the 8.6.1.9 release we have added a new notation of "Directory Groups".  Originally in the software you were limited to seeing the entire directory listing, but now we allow you to create additional groups.  This is essentially a new tab in the client where you can create a specific group that you wish to look at.

For your case this would be very simple to setup if you upgrade to 8.6.1.9.  In the software you will create a new group and add a filter:  telephoneNumber begins with 1 (or 9 depending on the site).

This way the opreator can look only at one group specific to their site as you've requested.  If you are on an older version of the software and can't upgrade, then you would actually have to have two separate CUBAC servers.  From here you could create directory filters to only pull in certain users for each site.

Please note that if you only have one license code, you can open a case with TAC and we can split the licenses so you can take one user to a new server.

Regards,

Jason