Replies

Cubi Fails to Import Users

frank.lawler
Level 1
Level 1

Infrastructure:

Primary and Redundant Unity 7.0.2 Servers

Partnered with Exchange 2003 Sp2

This "cluster" has 7400 subscribers, with plenty of licenses and space left. I'm trying to add 315 more. The bulk import exchange tool has been used in the very recent past to add users to ad/exchange and unity via csv file.

Seemingly out of nowhere yesterday our helpdesk admin tried to import 15 users and the CUBI tool is passing the pre import checks but not actually setting up the users. Here's the error log output.

******************* Starting Processing of Headers  *************************

Started on March 02, 2011 at  14:56:07.

Completed on March 02, 2011 at 14:56:07.

******************* Completed Processing of Headers  ***********************

******************* Starting Parsing of Subscriber Records ************************

Total number records: 15.
Total number of records loaded successfully: 15.

Completed on March 02, 2011 at 14:56:07.

******************* Completed Parsing of Subscriber Records  ************************

******************* Starting Pre-Import Check of Unified Subscribers ***********************

(Error)
Duplicate DTMF access ID (xxxxxxxxxx). Found another Unity Subscriber with the same DTMF Access ID.
Subscriber record: xxxxxxxxx,Client_,xxxxxxxxxx

Total number of records that passed pre-import check: 14
Total number of records that failed the pre-import check: 1.

Completed on March 02, 2011 at 14:56:09.

******************* Completed Pre-Import Check of Unified Subscribers *******************

******************* Starting Import of Unified Subscribers ******************************

Started on March 02, 2011 at  14:56:16.

Number of records selected for import: 14
Number of records successfully imported: 0.
Number of records that failed to be imported: 14

Completed on March 02, 2011 at 14:56:36.

******************* Completed Import of Unified Subscribers **************************

The account being used is unityinstall with full domain admin access to the forest these servers live in, Outsite of troubleshooting with TAC I've restarted the failover server, waited until it came back up, failed over from primary to failover and restarted the primary.

I tried the import on the failover but got the same issue and restarting did not help. At this point my gut is telling me something is up with sql server but I'm no dba so now I come to you all for help.

Frank

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

so the error message in the log there is pretty clearly identifying a conflicting DTMFAccess ID there - Im not sure why you're not focusing like a laser on that... clearly not a licensing or a rights issue being thrown up here.

Step one here is to determine which objects in the database are using that extension (CUBI simply will not be allowed to add a user that has a conflicting DMTFAccessID  - the DB forbids it).

Easiest way to do this is to run CUDLE database viewer (in your tools depot) and open the vw_DTMFACcessID view - sort by DTMFAccessID and take a look - or follow what's in the log (it looks like it identified an object there that you XXX'd out). 

The x's are to replace a phone number, the TAC engineer wanted me to add one of the 15 manually through the system admin page to see if I could add users at all.