Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC - Subs not listed on DRS

krizvite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community,

I have one question. To running CUC system I have installed one subs. I see everything ok, db rep ok, both servers in cluster ok.
I have regenerated ipsec certificates and change it as ip-sec for both servers. I have restarted DRF Master and local on both servers.

I have one issue regarding that I dont see both servers in Disaster Recovery System. I see that just the Publisher is registered.

I have tried to create new schedule but I see still just the Publisher.

Thank you for your help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I found a solution. CUC will not show the Subs in the list. It works different way. So backup the publisher and use the command 

utils cuc cluster overwritedb

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

wimarques
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,
I would deactivate/reactivate services on the node in order to get them re registered with DRS.
I also faced this issue after cucm 11.5 upgrade. The above fix didn't worked for all CUCM services. I had to patch the cluster with a cop for ldap certificate issue. I know that it's totally unrelevant but it worked. At that time we found an error message in DRS logs which matched a bug related to LDAP certificate fixed by a cop file. We gave it a try and it worked.
./WM

Hi nope this didnt help me. I even see on both servers Cisco DRF Master running which is not correct and should not be. On the Subs. should you see just the Cisco DRF Local up and running. 

BTW you are not able to deactivate Cisco DRF Service, you are just able to stop, start and restart the services.. 

Thank you for your reply!

Vit

joshua.gertig
Level 1
Level 1

With CUC, you need to create a DRS device and schedule on the Pub and Sub. It’s not like CUCM where DRS automatically backs up all nodes. Many people choose to only back up their CUC pub. I back up both because restoring the sub is way easier if your using SSO.

Hi Joshua,

you are right, this is what you generally have to do. In schedule I see just the Pub. not the Subs. This is my issue..

Sorry, I missread your description. Above comments are correct,CUCDRS must be configured on each node

I found a solution. CUC will not show the Subs in the list. It works different way. So backup the publisher and use the command 

utils cuc cluster overwritedb