Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCI MOC Dialing plan design

hassan_oudeh
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

What is the best practice of confoguring the AD extensions and other phone numbering ?

as per the documents (correct me if im mistaken) all the extensions, home, work and mobile number configured for each user in the AD MUST be prefixed with "+" Does this include 4 digits extension ??

If yes the corporate directory will not work, as of IP Phones does not allow the + at the beggining and the translation patter could not create patern with "+" at the begging.

please advice for the extensions how is the best way of confiigring the AD phone numbers ?

best regards,

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

1) Yes, it's required that E.164 format being used.

2) You may use Application Dial Rules to strip digits while dialing internally.  To configure ADR, go to CUCM Admin > Call Routing > Dial Rules > Application Dial Rules.  For more details, refer to CUCIMOC documents.

Thanks!

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

Application Dial Plan does not apply on the normal phone right ?

if you are calling from the CUCI MOC, or any other CTI controlled device it will be applied i.e CUPC

wiered thing if i called the +XXXX extension from the IP COMM the calls is established and CUCM strip automatically the +. but it's not the case with the physical ip phone !

any advise      !!