Views
Helpful
Replies

CuciLync Smart Tags / Desktop Integration

mattiep00
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are using the CuciLync client with Microsoft Lync. We are able to make/receive calls, etc successfully, so the installation is working fine however we are unable to dial from 'smart tags' inside Internet Explorer and MS Office applications. It always attempts to make the call via the actual Lync client. Is this controlled by a registry setting or something which can allow the CuciLync client preference over Lync?

We can not disable Telephony features in Lync iteslf, as it is used for video conferencing unfortunately.

Please help!

2 Replies 2

pvarenholt
Level 5
Level 5

I get the Cisco Click to call window popping up when i do that....

Have Exchange UM and when we get missed calls they show in the Inbox.

can click on the tag and get cisco click to call dialog pop up.

Not sure why as i don't think i've ever installed the C2C plug-in but it is a thought for you anyway.

I do have an issue where i want to clock a user in lync and call them but it uses lync instead of the Cisco telephony infrastructure to palce call.

Any way you know of to use the Cisco UC side to palce the call?

Sorry mate, but I don't think you're going to like this response.

If you haven't figured out yet... CUCI-LYNC doesn't integrate with the Microsoft Smartag (or similiar).

The Click to Call application is embedded in all your apps when you install CUCI-LYNC so you can right click and dial the number on the screen

However, this does mean that right clicking a name in sharepoint / outlook etc doesn't work and will always invoke the Lync functionality. As you've obviously read, Cisco recommends disabling the smarttags in Office and also setting the User's telephony mode to "5" and disabling video conferencing from Lync.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Communicator]

"TelephonyMode"=dword:00000005

"DisableAVConferencing"=dword:00000001

If you're in outlook then the option to call the sender or mail recipients is now in the HOME ribbon. Works well, but is nowhere near as nice as the native Microsoft option...

Cheers,

Graham R