Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC OCS 2007 and CCM7

aklyuka30
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to integrate OCS 2007SR2 with Call manager 7 ver 7.1.3

i can dial user from OCS  by internal extension if i use dialpad in OCS

What is really weird is that for some users i can click on their Contact drag it and drop on Call button - and it shows me

available phone numbers for this user and therefore i can call them,

For other users - only e164 number is shows up but without internal extension or i see error message

"no phone number is assosiated with this contact "

example

we have 3 users :

user1 and user2, user3

everything is working fine for user1 and user3 but i dont see any extension for user3  , when i 'm trying to drag username to dial button i'm getting message

"no phone number is assosiated with this contact "

User1  has these  phone numbers in AD:

Phone 1111

ipphone 1111

home 111-222-3333

mobile 111-222-3334

and i see all these numbers when i click properties for this user in OCS client

So when i drag and drop contact User1 - i'm getting popup window with all these numbers to call

USer2 has only one phone field in AD

Phone ( iphone ) 2222

i see only  this number when i click properties for this user in OCS client

When i drug and drop User2 contact - OCS just starting dialing his internal extension 2222 )  - and this is OK

Third user User3 has 3 phones defined

(phone ( ipphone ) 3333

home 333-222-3333

mobile 333-222-3334

When i try to drag and drop this user - getting error

""no phone number is associated with this contact "

I saw that CUCIMOC accept only e164 numbers - but in this case how it happen that i can dial first 2 users ?

all their numbers are not e164 compatible but i still have pop-up and can dial by OCS-> CAllManager their  internal extension ( 1111 and 2222 )

I tried to update local address book from OCS , still the same error

Any help would be really appreciated

3 Replies 3

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

CUCIMOC deployment needs to have a consistent format between AD and CUCM. If there isn't (which is the case here), application dial rules and directory lookup rules must be configured to have them consistent. Normalization rules can also be uses to assist the situation. Drag n drop follows a complex flowchart of finding numbers. Please also check if the contact exists in local outlook addressbook.

Here is the info for application dial rules and directory lookup rules -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_0/english/installguide/config_servers.html#wp1073467

Thanks

Md Hasan

Hi Hasan,

Thank you for response 

"Drag n drop follows a complex flowchart of finding numbers" -

where can i get more detail ifnormatin about finding numbers algorithm , sequience ?

I still don't know why it happened that for some users  CUCIMOS /OCS start dialing 4 digit numbers  and for others i'm getting error

""no phone number is associated with this contact ""

i believe, applications and directory lookup rules comes to the scene At the moment when call request comes from OCS to call manager

At the same time if i just want to dial 4 digit extension - i dom;t need any application rule because  4 digist dialing is already in dialplan

i will need only applicatin dialing rule i f i want to call something like + 1 XXX XXX XXXX   .

Hi,

Having consistent phone number across among cucm and ocs is requriement, not an option (by using the app dial rules or directory looup rules, for example). The error you are seeing almost all the time ends up with application dial rules or directory lookup rules issues. I would highly suggest doing the applicaion dial rules or directory lookup rules first. These rules are using for incoming and outgoing calls. The complexity of the call with drag and drop would be beyond scope of discussion. As a rule of thumb, incoming calls are matched to directory rule lookup and outgoing calls are matched application dial rules lookup. But it is affected by may other factors, such as if the rules are properly downloaded, if there is already as existance of the number in the application.

Another thing to test is, check for any partial match in names in the active directory, for example if two users have the same last name or so.

Thanks