Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC "a la carte" Licensing

kennymarus
Level 1
Level 1

Good day,

I have a question in regards to the licensing required for CUCIMOC. In reading the ordering guide it states that I will need Qty 1) of “UCIMOC8-K9” as a top level and a minimum Qty of 1 “UCIMOC8-LIC”. Does this “UCIMOC8-LIC” need to be the quantity of CUCIMOC users I am going to have in my environment? (e.g. 600 users would require 600 of “UCIMOC8-LIC”?)

I do understand the DLU requirements per CUCIMOC user based on primary or secondary use of the client. Just confused on the licensing above.

Additionally, is there a  UCSS SKU for CUCIMOC?

Thanks in advance

6 Replies 6

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes that is correct, one license per user. Also remember CUWL bundles CUCI-MOC in both STD and PRO licensing. Finally UCSS-UPC covers it for CUCI-MOC. Use the ordering guides below

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/sell/technology/storage/unifiedcomm/ucs2_og.pdf

Thanks

Thank you Srini. Just to clarify, each primary MOC user will require 1) UCIMOC8-LIC and 3) DLUs?

On a side note, CUWL has been provided, now doing a cost comparison as the number of physical phones is a lot less than users (e.g. 100 phones, 600 users).

Thanks again

Correct 3 DLU if used as a primary phone. This is from the ordering guide

With Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1 (3) and later, if Cisco UC Integration™ for Microsoft Office

Communicator will be used as a primary phone, then three Device Licenses are required. If Cisco UC Integration™

for Microsoft Office Communicator will be used as a secondary phone (that is, the user already has a Cisco Unified IP

Phone), then one Device License is required

Excellent. Thank you Srini.

what about now with CUCM 8.0 with UCL licenses?  Which ucl license is needed to support CUCIMOC (primary or secondary phone)

The details are here

http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/microsoft_word_UCBU_UC80_OG.pdf

You need enhanced user license if primary and adjunct if secondary along with the the actual software itself and the corresponding ESW/UCSS

Thanks

Srini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: