cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 Bulk insert vg400

Wayne Ficklin
Level 1
Level 1

We're only on 11.5 su9 for a few more days/weeks, but this is an issue we're running into:

When attempting to use the BAT to insert vg400 gateways, Bulk Admin > Gateways > Gateway Template > Add New, there's no vg400 to select from the dropdown list for Gateway Type.  Its possible to manually add vg400s though, so they're supported.  (We're transitioning from sccp to mgcp in prep for the upgrade and doing it manually is tedious.)

Any pointers as to what I'm missing?  Is it available in a higher-level SU?  Seems odd they'd add the support w/o having it available in the BAT as well.

1 Reply 1

The short answer is that not all VG models can be imported via BAT. There was another discussion about this last year (that I can't find). We are using CUCM v14SU3 and the 420 is available as a Gateway Template and in the bat.xlt, but not the 400. Unfortunately, I think you are out of luck.

That said, you might be able to build one full out, and then do a Bulk Administration > Import/Export > Export (and choose Gateway for export). Then grab the sample 400 out of the resulting file, and using Excel and or a text editor, create new lines for the other gateways you want to create. Then use Import to import them. For sure test this in a lab and at a small scale first.

I have created objects in bulk in CUCM of many types using this method when I was teaching and had to set up labs. I've not done it with VG400's, so your mileage may vary.

Let us know if you have questions.

Maren