cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 -Publisher - Admin page issue

sundarr
Level 1
Level 1

Environment  CUCM 11.5 Publisher + 4 Subscribers. 

Publisher  hosted in client VM host. After a power shutdown and starting,   publisher GUI doesnt load up. 

- troubleshooting i.e.  Cisco Tomcat restart has been carried out 

- TAC connected and check and they are unable to pin point why the web gui is not responding

- Database replication is health. Phones are able to register with Publisher.  When Extension mobility is used to login the authentication fails. 

- Memory has been increased.

Web page takes the authentication and when pressed next it provides the below. Via CLI we are able to access the publisher. 

elm page or os platform or application page nothing works. 

Cisco System Inc

http status 404-
type status reprot

Description http.404

Any one experienced this type of issue ?

3 Replies 3

The first question is do you have a backup? Then again it may be hard to get DRS to do a restore if if it jacked up. Do you have a recovery ISO? You can try that to do a file system check, but the prognosis is not good. It sounds like you may have to rebuild and restore from backup. A power slam is bad with a physical host, but it can frequently be even worse for a virtual host.

Thanks Elliott.  Recovery ISO was tried and it all shows everything is OK and no corruption. 

DB replication is good between the publisher changes made on the cluster are reflected in the subscribers.  

Main production issue we cannot access the GUI of Publisher and when phones try to use Extension Mobility to login it fails.  Logged in phones work.   

TAC is suggesting the same to rebuild and restore it from backup. We will explore that as last resort as the site is having around 2000 endpoints. Disruption is going to be huge and hence we want to mitigate anything that is possible to overcome this situation.

It may only be manifesting itself as a problem with the GUI, but I suspect the issues are larger than that. I would strongly suggest you see if you can find a way to start rebuilding at least the publisher in an offline lab environment. That should make some of the problems less. If you just rebuild the publisher with no services activated, then phones should continue to work off the subscribers during the rebuild. There will definitely be a user impact, but I don't see where you have much choice.