cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 14 - translate DN to URI for Skype for Business

johnamericanman
Level 1
Level 1

I have a new CUCM that I am configuring. I have a simple routing config set up, and CUCM-to-CUCM calling is working fine (3-digit numbers). Notably, this config is all-internal - it's never being routed to PSTN.

I have 5-digit extensions on SfB. I want a user to be able to dial the 5-digit number on a CUCM phone, and reach the Skype user/soft phone. I think I have the routing more or less set up for this. Calls from CUCM are getting through to the SfB mediation server. However, they're returning a 404 for the SIP user. If I dial 12345, logs show that the call is being received by SfB as 12345;phone-context=pstngateway_192.168.0.1@domain.com. That tells me that my route pattern is getting the traffic over there, but not in a format SfB understands.

What I want is for the 5-digit number to be translated to the URI (e.g. user@domain.com ), which should be easily found by SfB. CUCM is pulling users from LDAP, so users on that side have a URI to use.

What am I missing? I suspect it's something obvious. I appreciate any guidance.

3 Replies 3

Hi ,

CUCM is not a validated Gateway to S4B and, in general CUCM should never be directly linked to a PSTN/TSP ..so you need a SBC between them ( Cisco CUBE is  a certified one).

Which is your actual S4B deployment (also keeping in mind that S4B is really obsolete)Let us know 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Not sure I understand. There is no PSTN or external TSP here - all internal only. When you say CUCM isn't a validated gateway, I'm confused. Cisco publishes documentation on this integration with the same topology (on CUCM 12.5): https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise/interoperability-portal/cucm-12-5-skype-business-2019-tcp-appnote-v1-2.pdf

Hi, 

If you meant S4B on prem so it’s a suppoted deployment. I thought you were talking about cloud solution.

In this case please post a sdl log from cucm so we can dig further 

Thanks

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"