Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.0 as auto attendant

Jonn cos
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all experts.

Can i use CUCM 8.0 as auto attendant also ? does it provides AA service ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jonn,

If you can go with the IPCCX option (or UCCX i should say), that would be the most optimal route as this will give you the most flexibilty/largets feature set.

As far as this being bundled with free seats, that's something you will want to check with your local sales team.

Either way it cannot be installed with CUCM, so you'll need extra hardware for it.

Alternatively, you could use CUE/CME as well and use the AA capabilities there.

From the looks you only want it to play a basic greeting and then fork the call off so CUE or CME AA would be viable too.

Kurt

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

kvandeve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Jonn,

CUCM  does not natively do AA.
Typically you'd bring CRS/IPCCX into the equasion for Full IVR/AA functionality.
Alternatively calls can be routed through Unity/Unity connection which can be customized to play specfic greetings based on
routing rules/callhandlers.
(not a full blown AA as such but does the job for smaller scale deployments)

Kurt

Dear Sir,

We have bought CUCM 8.0.

1) Kindly let me know that do i get 5 seat bundle of UCCX ? will it come installed or do i need to install it on seperate server ? i am asking this coz i have heard that we can also use UCCX to deploy AA. Kindly confirm this ?

2) My AA is very simple.

1) Greetings

2) If you know your desired extension, pls dial it now or press 0 for operator

So what solution shall i go with ?

1) CME with TCL script ?

2) UCCX AA ?

Kindly guide me

Hi Jonn,

If you can go with the IPCCX option (or UCCX i should say), that would be the most optimal route as this will give you the most flexibilty/largets feature set.

As far as this being bundled with free seats, that's something you will want to check with your local sales team.

Either way it cannot be installed with CUCM, so you'll need extra hardware for it.

Alternatively, you could use CUE/CME as well and use the AA capabilities there.

From the looks you only want it to play a basic greeting and then fork the call off so CUE or CME AA would be viable too.

Kurt

Dear Sir,

Our consultant has verified that we are getting UCCX 5 seats bundle. But there is one confusion, kindly help me out in this

1) UCCX can only be installed on cisco defined servers. We have IBM blade center and other HP servers as well. Cant we install on them ?

2) Can we install UCCX on vmware if we just wanna use AA services ?

3) He said, if we did any of the above, license will be wasted

Can you pls guide me regarding above 3 points pls ?

kvandeve
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI,

The supported HW (HW compatibility matrix) can be found on CCO:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

The later versions of Cisco Unified Contact Center Express can be deployed as an application on a virtual machine on the VMWare platform running on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) hardware.

This allows Cisco Unified Contact Center Express to be part of a virtualized deployment where multiple Cisco Unified Communications applications can be deployed on the same server.

Only UCS for now.

Kurt