Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM and Unity subs show "replication not setup, exiting..."

Sean McQuade
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We have a problem with two UCS servers running ESXi 5.0. Both servers running an instance of CUCM & Unity 9.1.1

Doing a utils dbreplication runtimestate on the pub shows a (2) for pub and (4) for the sub. This is happening on both CUCM and Unity.

On the subs, the utils dbreplication runtimestate shows "Replication not setup, exiting..."

I have run utils dbreplication stop on both subs, and both pubs, then did a utils dbreplication reset all from the pub. Subs still show as "replication not setup" and pubs still show a (4) for the sub and say "waiting for pub".

CUCM DB.jpg

(Screenshot shows (0) for pub, but this is now (2))

From the Unified Reporting pages, I can see that IP connectivity between everything is working correctly (everything is on the same subnet and same physical switch), so not sure what else do try.

CUCM SUB DB.JPG

Do I need to re-install the sub again?

Thanks

Sean

2 Replies 2

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Personally I believe it would be better and faster to rebuild the sub, but you could try the following:

utils dbreplication stop (SUBSCRIBER)

utils dbreplication stop (PUBLISHER)

utils dbreplication reset all (PUBLISHER)

Regards,

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

utils dbreplication stop (SUBSCRIBER)

utils dbreplication stop (PUBLISHER)

utils dbreplication reset all (PUBLISHER

This worked for me and solved the "replication not setup" issue on a callmanager subscriber after restoring the publisher due to a failing server. 

Thanks Ingo