cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Answer Files

h4yf
Level 1
Level 1

This is primarily in regards to Vsphere, using the HTML5 client (We're on version 6.7), I've found conflicting information online in regards to whether or not this client supports virtual floppies, which are the Cisco documented method for unattended CUCM installations.

The long and short of it is I don't believe (case1case2) this feature is supported in this adaption of the Vsphere client anymore, I remember the soft client used to have this option but seemingly the web client lacks the support. I'm curious if anyone has information about how CUCM is instructed to read this data, and if it's hard coded to read from an identifiable floppy. Has anyone, using the Vsphere HTML5 client, found a method to use answer files without the need of virtual floppies?

The CUCM versions I deploy in lab are 10.5 - 11.5

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

h4yf
Level 1
Level 1

Just an update, appears you can access the virtual floppies with the vmware remote console that's downloadable from their site.

I'll give this a shot and update this reply if it solved my issue in the event anyone else is searching the web for an answer to this question.

-- EDIT
This ended up answering my question. You can create virtual floppies using the VMRC whereas the html5 client won't have this option. Just for anyone curious.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

h4yf
Level 1
Level 1

Just an update, appears you can access the virtual floppies with the vmware remote console that's downloadable from their site.

I'll give this a shot and update this reply if it solved my issue in the event anyone else is searching the web for an answer to this question.

-- EDIT
This ended up answering my question. You can create virtual floppies using the VMRC whereas the html5 client won't have this option. Just for anyone curious.