Helpful
Replies

CUCM call forward scenario question

Australian
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys;

The scenario is like:

A user Calling B user (no answer after 10 sec then forward call) > B user's mobile phone(no answer 10 sec then forward call) > Receptionist

Is this possible? Can CUCM control when the call has been transfer to the PSTN?

Thanks a lot!

7 Replies 7

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

you can might be able to achieve the above through SNR, but it would require testing and twiking parameters.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/200447-Single-Number-Reach-Feature-for-Cisco-Un.html

HTH

JB

I don't think SNR will completely serve the requirement. SNR can help in ringing B's mobile number but at the same time, any internal DN (receptionist) can not be remote destination hence it will never ring.

- Vivek

Vivek,

What you just mentioned is a peace of cake as we can have multiple RD configured for same profile to ring multiple destination. Also who says we can not ring internal DN with RD.

But the initial query needs some testing in LAB to be accomplished that's the reason i said "might".

JB

You're right with respect to having multiple remote destinations, but all RD should point to external number as remote destination number can not be internal DN hence receptionist number can't ring using SNR.

Would love to know if some tweak can work here.

- Vivek  

I remember do it in LAB, but unfortunately the documentation says i can not do so.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/8_5_1/ccmfeat/fsgd-851-cm/fsmobmgr.html#wp1214645

Remote Destination

Phones that are available for Mobile Connect answer and pickup and that can leverage Mobile Voice Access and Enterprise Feature Access for two-stage dialing. Remote destinations may include any of the following devices:

Single-mode mobile (cellular) phones

Smartphones

Dual-mode phones

Enterprise IP phones that are not in the same cluster as the desk phone

Home phone numbers in the PSTN.

So i will have to point my RD to a RP send it to a GW and then hairpin in back to my CUCM reception phone. Still need to work on the first peace of puzzle.

As i said at the beginning might be possible after lot of tweaking.

JB

You can again verify in your lab. FYI, SNR was never designed to ring internal DN.

Yup, hair-pining could be a choice and afaik, it has been discussed couple of times on forum but generally not accepted by enterprise customers.

- Vivek  

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Vivek is spot on, you cannot use internal phones with SNR, I tried this when the limitation was added in the documentation many years ago, and unless they have changed the code over the years, it would not work, I can't recall if it errored out when trying to configure it.

This is not that hard to accomplish, simply use a line group and adjust the routing with CSS and partitions so people think they're dialing directly to B, but you're actually making them dial a hunt pilot.

Add B to the line group, now, you have two options, configure SNR on B, or you would need to use another device which has SNR to be B's mobile and add it to the line group (to get the exact behavior you mentioned), then, you can either add the receptionist phone to the line group, or simply add it as the CFNA number in the hunt pilot.

You'll never really transfer the call to the PSTN, so CUCM will always keep control of it, and no need for any hairpinning.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate