Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM/CUC Rebuild

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

Just want to ask your opinion on this. I am trying to rebuild CUCM/CUC 8.5 server on my UCS server and on an isolated network. 

Setup:

Laptop ---> Switch <---- UCS

I connected my laptop and UCS server on the switch. My Laptop's IP address is the default gateway of the CUCM/CUC. On my initial setup, I did not put any DNS, Domain and SMTP and used the my laptop as the NTP server. Once the rebuild is successful, I put the original NTP, DNS, SMTP and Domain then restarted the server.

Restored the CUCM/CUC with the backup gathered and were successfully. Do you still consider this as a valid migration?

Thank you!

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You usually configure all that during install, but if DRS was able to restore the info, it means you met all the requirements, I see no reason why this would not be a valid deployment.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Flo,

yes this is indeed a valid migration but still the CUCM wont be able to reach anything required like DNS, SMTP in your network in case needed. Having said that all your configurations are in tact as the restore would make it updated.

Once you bring it live in your network, just check whether all parameters like NTP and DB replication are good.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all helpful posts

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You usually configure all that during install, but if DRS was able to restore the info, it means you met all the requirements, I see no reason why this would not be a valid deployment.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thanks Java for your help as always!

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi Flo,

yes this is indeed a valid migration but still the CUCM wont be able to reach anything required like DNS, SMTP in your network in case needed. Having said that all your configurations are in tact as the restore would make it updated.

Once you bring it live in your network, just check whether all parameters like NTP and DB replication are good.

HTH
Rajan
Pls rate all helpful posts

Thanks Rajan for your help!