Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Design Question

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I just started a new job with a law firm and they are looking at do a redesign of their voice network, currently we have 12 sites and each one has a CUCM node at the location. All of the boxes are running CUCM 4.3 and they want to remove the nodes from the Austin,Dallas,Fort Worth,Houston, Richardson,San Antonio. They have a CUCM 10.5.1 Pub and Sub in the Data Center and they want to have each of these sites register with the sub here and have all calls still go out of there respective gateways.And also what do I have to do to make the devices register with the Sub at the Data Center. Also is there anything that I have to do on the gateways since I'm remvoing their CUCM node, and also what changes would I have to make to the device pools, calling search spaces, and partitions on the 10.5.1 node for the new devices. I want to say thanks in advance for the help and have a great day.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as there is connectivity, that's all you need to get them registered.

Create a DP per site to control BW, of course the GWs will need to be changed, that depends on the protocol, nothing new, treat is as adding a new GW to CUCM, you may reuse parts of the config if applicable.

Configure local route groups to make sure each one uses their local GW.

What to change on CSS/partitions, that's up to you and your requirements, no one can tell you that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as there is connectivity, that's all you need to get them registered.

Create a DP per site to control BW, of course the GWs will need to be changed, that depends on the protocol, nothing new, treat is as adding a new GW to CUCM, you may reuse parts of the config if applicable.

Configure local route groups to make sure each one uses their local GW.

What to change on CSS/partitions, that's up to you and your requirements, no one can tell you that.

HTH

java

Jaime

Would you recommend enabling SRST on the GW's at these sites that I'm removing the CUCM nodes from?

Yes, you'll get up another level of redundancy.

HTH

java

Jaime

That's what I thought but I wanted to make sure I was right,so in so many words I would do the steps below.

1.Create DP,CSS,PT on Publisher

2.Enable SRST on GW

3.Make changes as needed on GW

4.Config LRG to use local GW