Helpful
Replies

CUCM - DIDs incoming call ringing on specific extensions

charbel.boueid
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am new to CUCM and VGW with E1 lines.

I have a B6K running CUCM 12.5, and an ISR4321 Voice Router running IOS 15.5. An E1 line is connected to the VGW with 4 DIDs provided by the Telephony Provider. i managed to register the End Points of the VGW (as MGCP) to the CUCM and created the timeslots.

How do i configure CUCM and the VGW so that DID1 rings on extension 111, DID2 on 222, DID3 on 333 and DID4 on 444, whenever external persons call these DIDs?

i searched internet and in particular this forum, however i did not find an answer that helped me with the above configuration requirements.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Charbel

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As any other DN in CUCM, a DID is simply an abstract concept that means the number that is dialed externally will be the same assigned to the device, that's it. Your DID is 1 222 333 4444 and the phone has the same E.164 number, or any number of digits as per your dial plan (3334444, 23334444, 4444 etc.)

There is absolutely nothing different configwise between a DID and an internal DN.

Determine the number of digits you will received from the telco, if it doesn't match your dial plan, then perform the necessary digit manipulation (or ask partner to send more/less digits if possible), and route the calls to the devices via CSS/partitions.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Vinod.s
Level 3
Level 3
1. Check how many digits you are receiving from ISP.
2. Use translation pattern to convert them into you extension
I.e. if you are recieving 8 digit 12345678 and your extension is 305678 then you can use TP as 1234XXXX --> 30XXXX

If the E1 is an ISDN line, then the debug "debug isdn q931" will show the incoming Setup message when you call one of the your numbers, so you can see how many digits are presented.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As any other DN in CUCM, a DID is simply an abstract concept that means the number that is dialed externally will be the same assigned to the device, that's it. Your DID is 1 222 333 4444 and the phone has the same E.164 number, or any number of digits as per your dial plan (3334444, 23334444, 4444 etc.)

There is absolutely nothing different configwise between a DID and an internal DN.

Determine the number of digits you will received from the telco, if it doesn't match your dial plan, then perform the necessary digit manipulation (or ask partner to send more/less digits if possible), and route the calls to the devices via CSS/partitions.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Vinod.s
Level 3
Level 3
1. Check how many digits you are receiving from ISP.
2. Use translation pattern to convert them into you extension
I.e. if you are recieving 8 digit 12345678 and your extension is 305678 then you can use TP as 1234XXXX --> 30XXXX

If the E1 is an ISDN line, then the debug "debug isdn q931" will show the incoming Setup message when you call one of the your numbers, so you can see how many digits are presented.

Thank you all for the replies. Each gave me more insight about what i have to do and i am glad that inbound calls are now working very well.

Best regards,

Charbel