Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM download with Cisco SMARTnet service contract

njayakum
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I recently purchased Cisco 8961 unified IP phone. I need Cisco Unified Communication Manager application to be installed in my PC to configure the phone. I am planning to get a SMARTnet 8x5xNBD coverage from Cisco. I need know if I can download all required software including CUCM and all necessary application/license to set up the Cisco phone with this service contract? or do I need to purchase any other contract/licence for CUCM software?

Thanks,

Naveen

3 Replies 3

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

You will receive the CUCM media when you purchase CUCM (usually your cisco account manager would be the POC for the media). You cannot download the bootable versions of CUCM on Cisco's website but you can download CUCM upgrades and phone firmware from Cisco's website. Please note that you cannot install CUCM on your PC unless you have VMWare workstation and this would only be as a means of creating a CUCM lab. If you want to deploy CUCM on your network you will need to purchase the proper server hardware.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

Hi Yosh,

Thanks for your response.

Does the CUCM media comes with SMARTnet service contract purchase? or I need to purchase the CUCM media seperately from Cisco? This is a new deployment, and I dont have any account manager at our site. I have cisco account and need to add the service contract to my account profile. I was thinking that buying service contract will get me the CUCM media. Is that correct?

You would purchase the software and hardware before you can purchase a smartnet contract. I don't believe that having a smartnet contract would get you the media. If you have a Cisco Unified Workspace License (CUWL) contract you can get the media and perform upgrades without having to pay any extra fees. This is all depending on what level of CUWL you purchase and there is a yearly cost.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps9156/index.html

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh