Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM inbound and outbound Routing and Digits manipulation

F1010
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have been using cucm for a while and I have become confused when I learn new things so I need your help for following points:

-Based on what cucm route incoming Calls from PSTN to the cucm? Because currently there is no any digits manipulation or any translation but I noticed cucm route the call from pstn to exact extension!!

-digits manipulation is crucial features so I need to from where I can change calling/called number for call from cucm to PSTN and I need to know from where I can change calling/called numbers from PSTN to cucm.

I know maybe there more than one place to do digits manipulation but I would know which will take priority first.

I appreciate who answer me.

Thanks

1 Reply 1

Inbound calls are routed based on the partitions in the incoming calling search space set on the voice gateway configuration element in CM.

In general how you do digit manipulation would depend on what type of control protocol you use on your voice gateway, SIP or MGCP. With SIP you can use voice translation rules and profiles in IOS and with MGCP you would do it with various configuration elements in CM.

Response Signature