Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Manual Back Up using API

n26neeraj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Team

I would like to know if there are any APIs available for the CUCM "Disaster Recovery System" part. The idea is to use APIs and see if we could automate the "Manual Back Up" Process .

Thanks in Advance

4 Replies 4

Rajan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Neeraj,

I do not see a need for that as you can anyways schedule automatic backups in CUCM and just use a script to move the backed up files on the SFTP location if needed.

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Thanks for the response!!

There could be times when the Scheduled Back Up fails and we receive alerts regarding such an Event.

During such scenarios we often take a Manual Back Up to see if that succeeds or NOT. Hence, wanted to know if there is any chance of automating this process of "Manual Back Up".

ok. Most of the time the automated backup in CUCM fails due to the connectivity issue while transferring files using SFTP. While checking for other options, its worth to analyze the DRS logs to find the cause for failure and also try any other SFTP server in case you see issues with that.

HTH
Rajan
Please rate all useful posts by clicking the star below and mark solutions as accepted wherever applicable

Yes, i understand analyzing the DRS logs is needed to know the root cause as to why the Scheduled Back Up actually failed. If i find out the root cause for the failure i would still do a Manual Back Up to see if the Back up is successful or NOT nd that is the process i wld like to automate.