Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Migration 8.0.2 to 12.5 using PCD

t.vandenheuvel
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm trying to migrate CUCM 8.0.2 to 12.5 (Lab environment) using PCD 12.5.  I checked the supported release matrix in PCD and this should be possible.
I've been able to discover the old cluster (Publisher + Subscriber), add destination ESXi hosts and add the migration task, which started fine.

After a while I get the following errors:

ERROR Export Job for node xxx.yyy.zz failed
   ERROR Failed to create platformConfig.xml file for node 310_xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.flp.Please check the afg library logs from PCD.
   ERROR The selected server version was not found (or is not supported).

Digging a bit deeper into the afg logs I found the source version is discovered fine:

afg.Server.getSourceVersion - source version 8.0.2.40000-1
  afg.Server.parseAnswerFile - Source version value passed to parseAnswerFile =8.0.2.40000-1

But after a while it fails on afg.Server.getVersion

afg.Server.getVersion - version 3.0209 -- - -- . --- --- - -- 

afg.Server.getAnswers - no corresponding entry in properties file for 3.0209 -- - -- . --- --- - -- 

afg.Server.getAnswerFile - getAnswers has errors

What is the afg.Server.getVersion corresponding to?

3 Replies 3

Vinod.s
Level 3
Level 3
Have you checked, Direct upgradation in between this 2 version is possible or jump upgarde is required, please check release notes before upgarde.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Upgrade and migration are NOT interchangeable terms, nor they should be used to refer to the same process, specially with PCD as they're totally different procedures.

There is NO upgrade from 8.x to 12.5, the CUCM 12.5 documentation explains that in the upgrade path section, that path is only supported with a PCD migration

And the PCD supported task table for CUCM does NOT show an upgrade for that path is supported

Upgrade Cluster (Upgrade Application Version or Install COP Files)

From

10.5(x), 11.x, 12.x

To

10.5(x), 11.x, 12.x

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/12_5_1/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide-1251/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide-1251_chapter_011.html

Which one are you doing?

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi,

sorry for the confusion, I checked terminoligy in te post but apperantly not in the title. 

I mean migration as I'm moving to a new cluster and version.