Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Mixed-Mode 12.5(1) SU3

Flo.Matalis
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Just to confirm, do we need an export license on our smart account if we want to enable Mixed-Mode CUCM environment?

or the tick is available "Allow export-controlled functionality on the products registered with this token" when requesting the token?

Regards,

Florence

5 Replies 5

Mixed Mode Requirements:

Export Restricted version of UCM

Requires encryption license or export-controlled functionality enabled(Smart Licensing)

To enable mixed-mode or to update the CTL File, ensure that the Smart Licensing registration is completed in Unified Communications Manager by using the Registration Token received from the Smart account or Virtual account that has Allow export-controlled functionality enabled.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Yes, but i saw that this is for CUCM 12.0. Do you have info for 12.5?

I remember my colleague implemented recently and it was not needed, so I am confused.

Hi Nithin,

Yes, I agree. The document for SU1 and SU3 are different and that makes it confusing. Thanks for checking out.

Hi All/Cisco,

Please advise if anyone has experienced this and if export license is still required. Thank you.

You need to have export-controlled functionality enabled on smart account. if not enabled, open a TAC ticket and they will help you active it on the smart account. 

Without  export-controlled functionality enabled on smart account we were  not able  to register a CAPF & Enrollment service activated CUCM(SU4) on a customer  smart account. And this functionality  was activated by the help of TAC.

SU(3)

Make sure that Unified Communications Manager is registered with the Cisco Smart Software Manager or Cisco Smart Software Manager satellite. The Registration Token received from the Smart account or Virtual account has Allow Export-Controlled functionality enabled while registering with this cluster.

Go through the guide.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/security/12_5_1SU3/cucm_b_security_guide_1251SU3/cucm_m_ucm-security-modes_reorg.html?bookSearch=true

Response Signature