cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Mobility Ring Question

mshammans
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have the Mobility feature configured so that my Mobile Phone rings at the same time as my Cisco IP Phone. Problem is that my mobile phone does not start ringing until the second ring of the IP Phone. There are a total of 3 1/2 - 4 rings (i know its measured in seconds on the config), so you literally have to have your mobile phone in hand if you want any chance at answering it.

Question 1) Is there a way to configure the mobile device to ring at the same time or even a little beforehand to make this feature more usable?

Question 2) Is there a way to increase the amount of rings per individual or is it just a global thing?

I am running Call Manager Version: 8.5.1

In the Remote Destination Configuration this is configured:

Required Field
Required Field
Required Field
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. This is not up to CUCM if you have the Delay Before Ringing Timer set to zero (0). You can watch the gateway; CUCM will initiate a call to your cell immediately. In many cases there is delay within the carrier before the handset begins rining which you can do nothing about.
  2. Yes both globally and on the DN. There is a Ring No Answer Timeout field right after the Call Forward settings on the DN.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
  1. This is not up to CUCM if you have the Delay Before Ringing Timer set to zero (0). You can watch the gateway; CUCM will initiate a call to your cell immediately. In many cases there is delay within the carrier before the handset begins rining which you can do nothing about.
  2. Yes both globally and on the DN. There is a Ring No Answer Timeout field right after the Call Forward settings on the DN.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Just what i needed. Appreciate the help.