cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM proxing RTP between two IP phones

alexver1978
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, is it possible for cucm to proxing RTP between two own IP phones?

6 Replies 6

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

If you select "Media Termination Point Required" under "Protocol Specific Information" for the phones, then CUCM will insert an MTP into the call for ALL calls for the selected phones.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Hi, I can't fined this filed in "Protocol Specific information". What version CUCM do you have?

I was looking at a SIP device. It looks like that option isn't available for SCCP devices, sorry.

BTW - Why do you want CUCM to proxy the media for calls between two phones?

GTG

I have cluster of CUCM, 4 nodes. 3 nodes is in inside zone and I am going to set 4th CUCM node in DMZ zone to have ability to register Ip phones via Internet. And  so,  IT security department wants to have RTP sessions from "Internet IP phone" to "inside IP Phone" from the same IP address. Sorry for my English (.

In which case, you're probably better off doing this another way. This would also give you the advantage of having encryption and not exposing your core CUCM server(s) to the public Internet.

There several ways to do this:

- Phone VPN service. (Not supported on all handsets) The phone can automatically setup a VPN connection back to your network.

- IP Phone Proxy. This can be done using either an ASA or a CUBE.

GTG

Thank you for your help.