Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM Sip call Forwarding to Twilio external SIP domain

erikCB
Level 1
Level 1

hello
we are looking in CUCM 11.5 how to forward in sip calls from an internal number to a sip domain generated by twilio like 3349111111-phone-55555.sip.frankfurt.twilio.com which is in correspondence with only 1 of my telephone number.
we have created the sip trunk (with ip twilio), but I can't find how to configure the link (I think via URI) with this domain which corresponds to our number?
are you aware of these links to an external sip domain (with 1 unique domain per incoming number)?

5 Replies 5

Sounds like you should have a look at B2B calling setup with Expressway. You can not create a SIP trunk to a random IP, as by the sound of your description is what you’re trying to do. Once you have B2B calling capability setup you can send the calls via this setup.

Response Signature

Thanks Roger,
my problem is potentially simpler and without expressway (I think).
We just want to transfer a call to a single number on a CTI that is in the cloud (freshcaller with Twilio as operator). as an example, I dial 2001111 internally and we want to transfer the call to 332001111-phone-55555.sip.frankfurt.twilio.com which is of course on a fixed IP. the previous SIP domain name is unique.
We therefore thought that we needed a trunk to the twilio server and then provide the recipient SIP address 332001111-phone-55555.sip.frankfurt.twilio.com

Even if you might think that this is simpler it’s not. You can not simply do what you outlined. There must be something on either side to form a trunk and simply because you create a trunk on your end it doesn’t mean that there is one on the other side.

Response Signature

erikCB
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you, maybe we can fire this without a trunc, I don't think so, but I hope:

I put an image of the request from the site.

Jwu9AzahsnEQBXZiyS6Pa7xwMFPfMMiemQ.png

Without a trunk to carry the traffic you’ll need to have B2B calling capability in your system landscape. That’s what I referred in my original response. This requires Expressways to be setup and SIP uri routing to be configured in CM. Based on your questions so far I would recommend you to read up on the topic and if you still don’t fully understand what is needed that you reach out to a reputable Cisco system integrator for help with this.

Response Signature