cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM SIP Trunk SRV Records

Live2 Bicycle
Level 3
Level 3

I did a search on the forums for “CUCM SIP Trunk SRV” and went through many pages but did not find what I am looking for.

I have 2 CUCM clusters.  One CUCM cluster has 4 nodes and the other CUCM cluster has 8 call processing nodes.

I want to have an SRV record for each CUCM clusters call processing nodes.  I would then use the respective srv record on the Trunk Configuration page in the SIP Information section and check the "Destination Address is an SRV" box.

I do not believe it will affect the SIP Trunk Configuration Run on all active nodes and the route list "Run On All Active Unified CM Nodes".  I feel this will enhance this. 

See attached screen shot please of the Microsoft DNS add SRV record.

For Call Manager what is needed in the required fields? I can find all kinds of info for CUPS but nothing for CUCM.

The Domain Field is not modifiable.

Service == ???

Protocol == _tcp

Port number == 5060

Host offering this service == I believe this is a name I make up to identify my CUCM cluster and add to the Clusterwide Domain Configuration and the Cluster Fully Qualified Domain Name field.

3 Replies 3

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Service type would be _sip and i believe this had to be typed in manually as drop down doesn't have this option.

You can follow below and create on similar lines .thanks

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11749071/im-presence-srv-records

Thanks Deepak for the response.  The URL you posted is to another members profile.  Not sure what you are trying to point me to.

Lol, i just pasted the correct one now.thanks