cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM upgrade 9 to 10

royng
Level 1
Level 1

While I'm planning to upgrade CUCM from 9 to 10, understand that I need to generate license request from v9 ELM and send to Cisco to generate v10 license key.

Would like to confirm the license generate request can be performed on CUCM v9 ELM before upgrading to v10 PLM.

Your inputs are appreciated!

Roy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Roy,

it is not with CUCM9 as well.

After u upgrade to CUCM 9, u need to share the generated file from CUCM9 so that u can get permanent license file.

You need to share the LCU file prior to migrating to CUCM9. This file contacts CUCM 7/8 PUB to get the BASIC/Essential/CUWL Std user count.

regds,

aman

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Roy,

You need to generate the license request from CUCM 10 after u upgrade succesfully and not CUCM 9.

You need to send this file along with license keys/PAK to licensing team.

After u migrate to CUCM 10, u would get grace period of 180 days so that u can upload the permanent licenses on Prime License Manager.

regds,

aman

Hi Aman,

Thanks for your response.

Any idea why v10 has to be upgraded first and then generate license request from Prime License Manager?

As per my previous experience on upgrade from v8 to v9, license request can be generated from ELM before performing upgrade.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Roy

Hi Roy,

it is not with CUCM9 as well.

After u upgrade to CUCM 9, u need to share the generated file from CUCM9 so that u can get permanent license file.

You need to share the LCU file prior to migrating to CUCM9. This file contacts CUCM 7/8 PUB to get the BASIC/Essential/CUWL Std user count.

regds,

aman