cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cucm upgrade. Can't do ">utils system switch-upgrade" returns "error: after sync switch version failed."

csrlima
Level 3
Level 3

I am trying to upgrade from CUCM version 6.1.1a (6.1.1.2000-3) to 6.1.3.2000-1 through Software Installation / Upgrade. The database I'm working with has a cluster with the publisher and subscriber, but for now I'm only upgrading in laboratory the publisher. The upgrade seems ok , in the end he says he did the upgrade but when I try to switch-version got the following error "error: after sync switch version failed."
However doing the "> switch-version nodatasync", the call manager is reset and climb the right partition and apparently did well to upgrade, at least I can check the database and the objects are there. Anyone know if there are any implications of using the command nodatasync? Or what does the command nodatasync?

2 Replies 2

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The 'nodatasync' option means that the user facing features (UFF) are not extracted and updated in the switched version.  If you use the 'nodatasync' option, any changes to things like MWI state, CFA changes, DND setting and the other UFF settings will not be extracted from the current database and updated in the switched to version.

I took a quick look for other instances of this error, but I could not find any.  Is that the exact message or something like the message you saw? 

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineering

I have the same problem with these same version and the the exact message is: "error: after sync switchversion failed."

Thanks

Szabolcs