Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCMBE 5000

mamoss
Level 3
Level 3

Can someone clarify this.

Under the new UNIFIED-CMBE5K SKU, when adding additional enhanced users, they no longer contain a VM license, and that has to be ordered seperately such as LIC-BE5K-VM-BAS. Is that correct?

Under the older UNIFIED-CMBE SKU, when adding additional enhanced users, VM was included. Is that correct?

If both are correct, and both SKUs seem to be still orderable, it suggests the older SKU is better value as they are essentially the same product. What am I missing....

7 Replies 7

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Under this SKU you will see multiple bundle choices that do come with basic VM. One bundle is 50 Basis UCL, 50 Basic VM and other is 50 Ess, 50 Basic VM. You can then upgrade those 50 to advanced. If you need more you need to add them as basic and then upgrade

Srini

Srini,

I understand you can add users. But my question was mainly around VM. In the old SKU, it seems VM was included. So even if I added additional Enhanced users, VM was included, is that correct?

In the new SKU, when adding users the P/Ns specifically state VM is not included. I realise that these are now unbundled.

So basically both SKUs seems to be orderable. Not sure which we should use.

That is changed now. The reason is the initial cost of the bundle was reduced. In the new bundle initially you get 50 basic VM with 50 basic users if you choose that option. However for additional users you have to add users and VM separately

Srini

Does that mean we shouldn't now use the UNIFIED-CMBE SKU, even though it is still orderable?

Yes, the 5K SKU is the current ordering process for the old Business edition 7828 model for 8.5 versions so I would stick with that to be curren

Srini

Hi - I was wondering if you could please advise me on the following:

With CUCMBE-5000 do we still need a lic for the Node and the DLUs as one doesn't seemed to have been shipped all I have right now is:

UCSS PAK for CUWL  (Subscription)

UCXN8-BE-PAK (50 User Unity Cxn Lic)

At present the system is running on Demo Licence

Regards

Garry

When you order using UNIFIED-CMBE5K it will ship the node, licenses for CUCM/Uconn

Srini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: