Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC 8.6.2.11 transfer delay

lance.berwald
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

CUEAC 8.6.2.11 with CUCM 8.5.1. SU1.  When calls are transferred from PSTN SIP (CUBE) there is a 2-3 second delay from when the call is answered from and 2-way speechpath is established.  I have tried changing to "Direct Transfers" on the client, does not change.  The delay is considearbly less when call comes in ISDN PRI, less than a second.  Any advice appreciated.  I have also posted this in the Arc forums.

3 Replies 3

Jasmeet Sandhu
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Lance,

The most common cause of delays like this is network latency. If it hasn't been done already, could the relevant TCP Ports be prioritized across the network. The main two are as follows, however please do all ports as per the Design Guide (Table 8-1, Page 54- http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/arc/CUxAC_DGuide.pdf)

*    1859 (Arc TCP Port)

*    2748 (Cisco TSP Port)

Regards,

Jas

Direct transfers setting on the client pc's fixed this issue.  Latency is not an issue, all the servers and phones are plugged into the same 6500 switch.  The TAC response I received said this behavior has been observed elsewhere and the only fix is to enable direct transfers.  It has not yet been declared a defect.

Hey Lance,

Thanks for the update. There has been discussions regarding a defect for Direct Transfer settings, however, this setting is treated as an option given to modify the behaviour on how calls are being transferred from operator, thus no defect.

Regards,

Jas