cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUEAC - delay with calls that come into queu

fei he
Level 2
Level 2

With our attendant console, we are seeing delays with calls that come  into our particular queue dropping into the Active calls area. These  delays vary in length and can be in excess of 5 minutes. This prevents  our switch operators/reception from answering calls from our  existing/potential customers.

The expected behavior is that when an operator becomes available the call should drop from queue to active calls immediately.

CUAEC: 8.6.1.9

CUCM: 8.5.1.10000-26

Any idea of how to fix this or any workaround?    

5 Replies 5

Jason Newman
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is your Call Manager cluster virtualized?  I can't say I've seen calls hanging there for over 5 minutes, but there can be delay introduced at any point in the communication stream:

CUEAC -> TSP -> CTI Manager -> Call Manager -> Gateway

So the question is where is the delay introduced.  If you have consistent reoccurring delays the biggest possibilities are:

1) Your Call Manager is virtualized and you have not disabled LRO:

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Disable_LRO

2) Your Operator is simply not hanging up her phone completely.  With Forced delivery it will monitor the operator's phone for being on hook before it attempts to push another call to it.  If there is any active call on that device it will not send it another call.

Other than that we would have to really dig into traces to see where the delay is, so please feel free to open a TAC case for that.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason

Indeed CUCM is running in VM environment. I will double check LRO settings on ESX host.

Cheers

Hi Jason

I took chance to have a look of LRO settings on ESX as per your link but i could not find any of those Net.VmxnetXXXXXXX list at all.

cheers

Fei,

These settings should be present on ESXi 4.1 and later.  Though I'm not sure about the latest ESXi releases.  Regardless I would suggest opening a TAC case to get to the bottom of this one, there's too many possibilities to check via forum.

Regards,

Jason

Hi Jason

We are on ESXi 4.0 that why we never see those option. We had tried to restart CUBAC another day and it resolve the issue. Next action plan is open TAC case for RCA..

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: