cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP 7, CUPC7, Number Expansion, and AD number modification

chris.flint
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone have any experience of using the Number Expansion configuration option within CUP7. There is very little documentation on this.

My hope was that you can use this to expand the number returned from AD following a CUPC client search before sending it to CallManager to be dialled.

In my case the AD is populated with standard UK STD numbers starting with 0 (for example 01908123456. My CallManager Dial plan expects STD numbers to be prefixed with 9 (and a number starting with 0 will be routed to the switchboard).

I created a specific number expansion in CUP 7 i.e. input number =01908123456, output number=901908123456. However it does not appear to work and the CUPC client reports 'bad number'.

Has anyone used this feature in CUP 7 and can offer advise on how the feature should be used, or if there is anyway to modify the numbered returned from AD.

2 Replies 2

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

You should use CUCM > Call Routing > Dial Rules > Application Dial Rules.

Number Expansion on CUP is not designed for this purpose. It takes a while a explain, but it was designed to cater very, very rare situations. You should never use that.

muranskycotech
Level 1
Level 1

I was attempting to do something similar in my deployment and was succesful based on the information I posted here:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3210585#3210585