Views
Helpful
Replies

CUP installation & upgrade Error: "DVD" was not detected

sfinke
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'm very new in dealing with cisco and especially voice, callmanager & presence!

Situation:

I installed a CUCM 10.0 as publisher and upgraded it to 10.5.

So I want to install a CUP 10.0 and upgrade it within the installation progress. Well, I unmount the installation ISO (Bootable_UCSInstall_CUP_10.0.1.10000-26.sgn.iso) in vSphere and mount the upgrade ISO (UCSInstall_CUP_10.5.2.21900-4.sgn.iso) from the datastore.

So, I get this Error:

"DVD was not detected. Please verify that a DVD is inserted in the drive and contains the desired content."

I tried it four more times but it's always the same. I don't want to abort the Installation......it cost so much time!

Maybe can anyone help...thanks in advance!

Regards,

Sandra

4 Replies 4

ndehmer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Sandra,

I don't know if you can do it that way for sure or not, but you should be able to boot off of the 10.0 CUP disk, and then have the 10.5 CUP iso on a SFTP/FTP server.  You can then point the installation to the SFTP/FTP server and it will pull it down.

Hi ndehmer,

thanks for your reply!

I tried it with freeFTPd but it doesn't work! In other cases, for example uploading user locales or an upgrade via the webinterface - the s/sftp service is working fine.

But in this case - it doesn't work... alleged no patch found in the directory. It's the same directory as in the others cases. Username and password are also correct.

I don't know how to handle this issue.

You need to get bootable media for fresh install of IM&P 10.5(2) for that.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yeah if I get an bootable media of this version - then it would be the easiest way, I think.

But, I don't understand why it doesn't work?

So I tried to install it without the patch - just normally. As I did it before. But now...here comes the rain again - with another error. For this I'll open a new disscussion.

Thanks for you answers!

If anybody has another idea what kind of problem it could be. Tell me please.