cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC 8 blue screen of death when trying to connect to desk phone

Alkesh Patel
Level 1
Level 1

I am using the very latest build of CUPC 8 on a HP laptop.  Its running XP Professional SP3.  When I am on a wireless connection everything works perfectly.  When I am on a LAN connection and using the softphone, everythign works perfectly.  If I try to use a LAN connection and connect to my desk phone, I get a BSOD every single time.  It will log in, contacts will populate, and a few seconds later it will blue screen.

So far I have updated my network drivers, updated my VPN client, and updated CUPC.

On Windows 7, all is well.  TAC hasnt been very helpfull as I cant even get a response from them.  Has anyone seen anything like this? 

Thanks

Alkesh

3 Replies 3

jconi
Level 3
Level 3

Hi Alkesh

I opened a TAC SR today for EXACTLY the same problem, with a DELL laptop (actually all DELL D630 with Windows XP SP3).

Did you find a solution to your problem?

Thanks in advance

JP

JP, we ended up figuring out that CUPC8 was crashing on the machines that we have our Checkpoint VPN client installed on.  When the client was removed, issue went away.  We have since upgraded the VPN client to a newer version and have not had an issue since.  Also If I remember correctly, it only affected XP machines.  Windows 7 was fine.

I hope that is helpful.

Better than TAC :-)

Indeed I've Checkpoint VPN Client.

I will try without it.

Thanks a lot

Kind regards

jp