cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPC will not allow control of desk phone

pluedke1107
Level 1
Level 1

New to Cisco platform so please bear with me.    CUPC (version 8.6.3.2) will not allow users to control their desk phones.    When checking this option, an error message is indicated  which states "   Device error.   Please review the server health under the help menu for a possible cause (101)" 

Reviewing the server health shows no problems - all servers have the green check mark.    The strange thing is this - I have 2 users that have no issue with this.   They were both set-up at the time of installation and their configuration in CM and permissions look the same as everyone else's.

We did not set up our servers or configure CUPS but it has been left to us for debugging.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you.

7 Replies 7

picledo123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!,

Have you add the user to the right user group in CUCM? Add all suers to Standard CTI Enabled Group and for 69XX users to Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode group and for 89XX and 99XX add to Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer Conf group.

Check Allow Control of Device from CTU checkbox too and define a CCMCIP profile in CUPS server and add a user.

Bye!

Thank you for the input but all these things are set-up correctly.    What I don;t understand is why I have 2 users that work perfectly and they were imported in the mass update along with everyone else.   Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Hi Pat,

As you have two users that are working correctly, can you test a non-working user on one of their PCs, and confirm whether the problem follows the user or the PC?

If the issue follows the PC, I would make sure that there is no AV or Firewall software installed that could be blocking traffic, and that you are able to ping the CUCM server(s) from the client by hostname and IP.

If the issue follows the user, and CUCM is integrated with LDAP, you may want to review the settings on CUCM under System > LDAP > LDAP Authentication. If the LDAP port is currently set to 389, try changing it to 3268 (so we are using the GC instead as this will improve performance). After this change, you will need to restart the CTI Manger service on all CUCM nodes before logging into CUPC and testing.

I hope this helps,

--

Sara Sheridan

Hello,

I have exaclty the same problem. Can I please get a feedback if your issue could be solved and what the cause was?

Regards

We were never able to resolve this even with help from Cisco and a independent engineer.   We ended up upgrading to Jabber which took care of the problem.

Bad news :-(

In our case, Cisco TAC engineer is working at this problem now. Upgrading to Jabber is not a solution for now.

I often have this same problem when migrating a user to a new PC, probably because their local profile goes with them. The only fix I can find which works about 90% of the time is to delete the local and roaming app data

Close CUPC and rename the following folders:

C:\users\%username%\appdata\local\cisco\unified communications

and

C:\users\%username%\appdata\roaming\cisco\unified communications

Reopen and log into CUPC

The 10% that dont work I have upgraded to Jabber, but jabber comes with a whole heap of other issues.