cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 6.0.3 Calendar Integration

maloyal
Level 1
Level 1

We have just upgraded CCM to 6.1.2.1000-13 and CUPS to 6.0.3.1000-12.

Previously, we had CUPS 6.0.2 and our OWA uses FBA so we had no Calendar integration in Unified Personal communicator. I understood this to be resolved in the latest version, so we upgraded.

We still have no Calendar integration with the Unified client and going thru the System Troubleshooter, it says our Presence Gateway is unreachable. I desparately need help configuring this...I think this comes down to certificates.

Our OWA certificate is issued by 3rd party, root CA is Equifax. I have downloaded the root CA from Equifax at http://www.geotrust.com/resources/root_certificates/index.asp and uploaded it to the Certs in CUPS OS Admin as .cer and .pem and it never shows up in the Certs list (which I've attached)

The initial install, we did upload our OWA cert as .pem and it appeared to take. On the initial CUPS 6.0.2 install, we briefly changed OWA to Windows Authentication and Calendaring worked. But we changed it back to FBA because we weren't ready to make that change.

The CN in the Cert is exactly the FQDN of our OWA so I'm really lost here. The deployment guide talks about using IIS to issue a cert request...I shouldn't need to do all that...especially since there is no IIS in CUPS.

thanks

32 Replies 32

Under Cert Mgmt in OS Administration...is your Root & OWA certs listed?

I am still working with TAC on my issue. We completely deleted my OWA cert and verified we only needed the Root uploaded thru the Presence Gateway config page. The cert is only visible from the command line.

My new issue is now that I have connectivity, my PE server regularly registers timeouts to Exchange and reconnections after anywhere from a couple seconds to several mins. Happens at all times, but especially overnight when there is no load.

I have uploaded some updated code from TAC with a longer timeout period but little change.

Hi Ryan,

as Allen mentioned, please check whether your rootca certificate shows up in your CUPS OS administration.

i think you are not hitting Allen's issue because your root ca has actually an issuer subject CN (CN = GTE CyberTrust Global Root).

otherwise you have to upload your root ca on presence gateway configuration page.

so, please confirm when uploading when uploading the root certificate use base64 encoded certificate rootca.cer and enter "." in the field root certificate! afterwards confirm your root certificate shows up in cert management.

Allen, i'm facing the same timeout issues several times a day. if you get a resolution from TAC, please get back to me ;)

Still working with TAC on my Exchange Timeout issue.

They have advised me to wait till CUPS 7.02 which has a different presence engine.