Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 7.0.8 to 8.6.3

nmc_admin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm preparing to perform the upgrade of my CUPS 7.0.8 server to 8.6.3.  I've placed my PUT order and it has completed.  The confusing thing is that the iso they've given me access to is the upgrade to CUPS 8.6.5 (Bootable_UCSInstall_CUP_8.6.5.10000-12.sgn.iso).  According to the documentation, a direct upgrade to 8.6.5 is not possible (which was why I was planning for 8.6.3).  I've double checked PUT and there is no other CUPS upgrade path and of course CCO does not have the 7.x to 8.x images available for download.

Has anybody run into this or have advice?

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

nmc_admin
Level 1
Level 1

Well if there is anyone that ever has this question again, below is the answer I got from TAC.  This is in reference to the downloadable upgrade available on CCO under the CUPS 8.6.3 version.

-----------------

"Even though, under the upgrade file description it says “Cisco Unified Presence 8.6(3) for upgrade from 8.0(x) ” direct upgrades are supported from version 7.0.8 to 8.6.3.

Please refer to the read-me file for version 8.6.3

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_6/english/rel_notes/cup8xrn.html#wp2970089    "

-----------------

I will be performing this upgrade this weekend and will try to remember to update this post with the results.

The upgrade from 7.0.8 to 8.6.3 was successful using the CCO download which has a description of:

Cisco Unified Presence 8.6(3) for upgrade from 8.0(x)

Yay!