Views
Helpful
Replies

CUPS 8.6 & OCS 2007 R2 RCC integration

panjwani80
Level 5
Level 5

Hi All,

We are planning RCC integration between CUPS 8.6 and OCS 2007 R2. The integrating guide says that we need to disable CUPS high availability prior to integration with OCS. Does that mean CUPS high availability is not supported with OCS RCC or does that mean we can enable high availability after integration wit h CUPS?

Caution For Cisco Unified Presence Release 8.5 and 8.6, you must disable High-Availability on the Cisco Unified Presence subcluster prior to integrating the server with Microsoft OCS. For more information, see the Deployment Guide for Cisco Unified Presence.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cups/8_0/english/integration_notes/IntegrationNoteOCS_CUP80_85_86_MOCCallControl.html#wp35465

Thanks

Aamir

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe it has to do with Host Authorization and how the SIP messages are sent.  When in HA, there are two servers, that really are NOT load balanced.  The secondary is there for failure.   Is Dual-Node configuration, each of the CUPS servers can accept incoming requests from clients such as the OCS pool or OCS client for RCC requests.  HA is really a failover server or hot standby... so you do not want RCC requests going to the hot standby CUPS server.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I believe it has to do with Host Authorization and how the SIP messages are sent.  When in HA, there are two servers, that really are NOT load balanced.  The secondary is there for failure.   Is Dual-Node configuration, each of the CUPS servers can accept incoming requests from clients such as the OCS pool or OCS client for RCC requests.  HA is really a failover server or hot standby... so you do not want RCC requests going to the hot standby CUPS server.

Thanks Tommer, so in my case I am deploying RCC for 150 users and given that I need to disable HA for RCC to work I don't see a point of dual-node configuration either (75 users on each node). I should just configure single node with all 150 users....what do you think?

For 150 people, Id just do one. If the RCC goes down for a few hours, Im sure it wont be the end of the world. They still have their phone on the desktop right next to them ☺ If it was for 1000’s of users, then I go through the exercise of load balancers, SIP DNS records, etc.