cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

dbwalker error

michael.mendoza
Level 1
Level 1

I'm in the process of migrating from unity 3.1(3) to 4.x and was running dbwalker - 3.0 build 90 - and received approx 7500 errors. The bulk of them are variations of the following:

0:(error): internal dbWalker error - -2147217887 (ODBC driver does not support the requested properties.) in procedure checkForOrphanStreamFiles of Form frmMain

0:(error): internal dbWalker error - 3704 (Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.) in procedure checkForOrphanStreamFiles of Form frmMain

0:(error): internal dbWalker error - 3704 (Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.) in procedure checkForOrphanStreamFiles of Form frmMain

0:(error): internal dbWalker error - -2147217887 (ODBC driver does not support the requested properties.) in procedure checkForOrphanStreamFiles of Form frmMain

1605:(error) stranded wav file name=C:\CommServer\Stream Files\xxxxx_SubName_71e46bb3.wav

You can fix this by selecting the 'Removed orphaned WAV files automatically' option and re running dbWalker

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? Thank you.

Michael Mendoza

3 Replies 3

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

the internal dbWalker errors may need further troubleshooting.

the stranded .WAV file is not major and can be removed manually or via dbWalker.

to verify where dbWalker errors are all coming from, it may be wise to run dbWalker again and choose only the most minimal properties to check. (not sure if 3.0(90) has this ability)

for example, try to remove the option of checking for orphaned files. this seems to be where the bulk of the errors are being generated.

also, just to be sure, download the latest version of dbWalker (3.0(90)). reinstall this and try it again. verify ServicePak levels and any hotfixes for this walker or Unity version.

My primary concern was that the orphaned .wav file message was erroneous and was a result of the errors that proceeded it - I have a huge number of the orphaned messages each with the same stream errors before it.

I'd hate to have dbwalker remove the files only to find they were actually in use.

Thanks,

Michael Mendoza

Definitley steer clear of automatically fixing it if you're getting internal errors. Not worth it - even if you have a bunch of stranded WAV files they're not chewing up that much space that it should be a huge concern.

I'm guessing this is a DB construction difference with that older version of Unity you're on since testing this with versions of Unity back to 4.0(5) I have here doesn't throw this.