cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory button on SIP phones not showing history

gmgarrian
Level 4
Level 4

I just swapped out a CUCM 8.5 server with an 8.6.1 BE server.  I did a bulk export/import for the config and cleaned up whatever couldn't import.

I have a few SIP phones, 8961 and 9971. 

The problem on the new system is that after you press the directory button and get the options for missed calls, placed calls, corp directory, etc.  Nothing happens when selecting those options.  Also, on the top of the screen there's a thin gray bar that says "contacts" on the left and an icon of a locked lock on the right.

Is there something that has to be manually set to allow for this? I've already enabled the BLF enterprise parameter.

Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Both CUCM 8.5 and 8.6 have the Trust Verification Service which allows for HTTPS connections for the phones. All of the services you mention have HTTPS URLs in the 8.x and later releases. Since the phone was first registered to 8.5 it would have received the Initial Trust List (ITL) file from there. You could confirm this theory by reviewing the phone console message logs through it's web interface. It would show a TVS verification failure.

You can fix it by going into the settings of the phone and delete the existing ITL. I believe this is under the Security Settings area. Remember that **# unlocks the settings for editing (including the Erase softkey). The phone should download a new ITL from the new 8.6 install which should allow this to work.

Thanks for the response but it turns out that this was a bug.  I got this info from TAC:

I would like to let you know that I already found the bug that we are hitting. This is the bug ID CSCtq18230 and it will be fixed on firmware version 9.2.2 that is still pending to release."

Once I downgraded the firmware if worked fine.  I am having a similar issue with a 9951 phone.  In addition to the directories/call history the voicemail button doesn't work.  I've downgraded the firmware twice on that phone and reset the security settings with no luck.  I'm still trying to figure that one out.