cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Directory Handler transfers callers to voicemail

bkost
Level 1
Level 1

Running Unity 4.0.3 When you get a match in the directory handler and select 1 to be transfered to the extension you end up right in their voicemail. I got the currect version of audio text manager to make sure it is set to ring the subscriber's ext and it is. Any suggestions on other places to check settings?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The transfer has nothing at all to do with the name lookup handler (which seems to be what you're implying with the ATM thing there).

If you dial the opening greeting and then dial the extension of a user you were reaching through the name lookup handler directly, does it ring the phone or go to the greeting? I suspect the latter. The name lookup handler is just going to send the caller to the transfer rule entry point for the subscriber - if the subscriber has their transfer rule disabled/setup to go to the greeting then that's what's going to happen.

Make sure you check the transfer rule for the subscriber(s) in question and save the settings again (i.e. there's a known problem with subscribers imported via CUBI that makes this value go directly to the greeting - it's cleared by saving the setting again via the SA or BulkEdit).

Hi Lindborg. I have a similar issue on my Unity 4.0(2.0).

If I dial the opening greeting and then dial the extension of a user through the name lookup handler, the call goes directly to that subscriber's VM without ringing their phone.

This happens even though the subscriber is set to "Yes, ring subscriber's extension".

In SA if I change from "Yes, ring subscriber's extension" to something else, then change it back to "Yes, ring subscriber's extension" and resave, it fixes the issue.

Is there a fix for this, or do I need to go into each profile every time (via SA or BulkEdit) and make a change in the Call Transfer settings, then change them back and save it?

Thanks, Mike.