cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DiRT Problems

d-hill
Level 1
Level 1

I am upgrading the Unity server from DL380 G1 to a DL380 G4. This is just a hardware upgrade. I put all the same versions of software on the new server Exchange, MSDE, Unity. I used the DiRT utility to backup the old server. When I try to Restore the new server the DiRT restore utility hangs at stopping the unity services, I left it alone for 24 hrs, but it was still at the same place.

Thanks

Don

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Actually, looking at the code I think I see the problem - I have a patched version of the DiRT restore - ping me directly and I'll shoot it to you this weekend, otherwise I'll post it early next week.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's the last entry in the restore log? You'll find this in the directory you've pointed it at to do the restore.

Also, what version of Unity and DiRT restore are you using? Are any of the Unity services (AVxxx in the SCM) in a "shutting down" state?

DiRT should time out and fall back on "KILL" to knock the services out, I haven't run across a situation where it hung up on shutting down like that - it's likely stuck somewhere else and the checkbox list hasn't been updated - the log will tell me more.

I am using Unity 4.02 and Dirt 1.1 Build 16

Here are the last few lines of the log.

The log ~ 2gig in size it was filling up the last error listed below.

net stop process completed

(error):-2147217865 (Invalid object name 'Configuration'.) in procedure BackupLocalConfigurationData of Form frmMain

(error):3704 (Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.) in procedure BackupLocalConfigurationData of Form frmMain

(error):3704 (Operation is not allowed when the object is closed.) in procedure BackupLocalConfigurationData of Form frmMain

(error):-2147217900 (Invalid object name 'Configuration'.) in procedure BackupLocalConfigurationData of Form frmMain

(error):-2147217846 (Command was not prepared.) in procedure BackupLocalConfigurationData of Form frmMain

Hmmm... it should only be trying to snag that configuration table in later versions of Unity - I'm thinking my version check stuff is getting tripped up. Can you snag the HKLM\Software\Active Voice\ registry branch (export it to a file) and send it to me at lindborg at cisco dot com so I can walk through it here?

Actually, looking at the code I think I see the problem - I have a patched version of the DiRT restore - ping me directly and I'll shoot it to you this weekend, otherwise I'll post it early next week.

The patched version of DiRT worked. I am now up and running on the new server.

Thanks

Don