Views
Helpful
Replies

Disaster Recovery On Communication Manager

Anand Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Could one of you let me know what is the fail over time taken by the Communication Manager(Subscriber/Publisher).

See if we have DC and DR site so what is the time required to take over from DC to DR.

Also let us know what are services that will effect in this change over? How much load we can share in this?

What is boot time required in this process?

Also send some HA and Failover Scenario?

Thanks,

Anand

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It will depend on the scenario, if server is shut down, it will be immediate, if not, you need to lose 3 keepalives to failover

This parameter designates the interval between KeepAlive messages that are sent from Cisco IP Phones to the secondary Cisco CallManager.
  This is a required field.
  Default: 60
  Minimum:  10
  Maximum:  1000
  : Reset affected IP phone(s) for the parameter change to take effect.
  Unit: sec
This parameter designates the interval between KeepAlive messages sent from Cisco IP Phones to the primary Cisco CallManager.
  This is a required field.
  Default: 30
  Minimum:  10
  Maximum:  1000
  : Reset affected IP phone(s) for the parameter change to take effect.
  Unit: sec

What services are affected, depends on what you're using, most usually directories and/or EM.

Not sure what you mean by: with how much load can you share.

Also not sure about the boot time, you mean the boot time for a server?????

SRND covers deployment models and redundancy, as well as the CUCM documentation.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_SE5FCFB6_00_cucm-system-guide-100/CUCM_BK_SE5FCFB6_00_cucm-system-guide-100_chapter_0111.html

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello,

I want to ask how much time a communication manager placed at DR will take to take over the load of DC located at central site?

Service here refers to IPT service, all the Contact center services.

Load means how much repilca of DC takes place at DR.Is it 100% always or is it as per customer requirement?

Boot time is the time required to start by DR site just after failover or i can say time required to activate running service back as DC was working earlier?