cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Do Not Want Pager Notification With New Emails, Only Voicemails

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

Have been using unity 4.04 with exchange 2003 as mailstore... we have unified messaging but are soon to start using the exchange server for email as well as we are currently on groupwise... So then it will be true unified messaging. The problem I am seeing in testing is that my pager is going off even when I get an email... there are a lot of people that this is going to bug. Is there some way of only having a pager go off if its a voicemail... people will not want their pagers going off every time they get an email. Please help!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The trigger rules for your pager must include all messages or emails - Unity has always supported triggering on different message types/urgency for notification devices (not MWI - that is hard coded for voice mail types only). Check the settings for your pager notification device - chances are you have something more than voice mails selected as the trigger.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The trigger rules for your pager must include all messages or emails - Unity has always supported triggering on different message types/urgency for notification devices (not MWI - that is hard coded for voice mail types only). Check the settings for your pager notification device - chances are you have something more than voice mails selected as the trigger.

whew! thanks Jeff. That was it. I didn't remember seeing that there before. Thanks again