cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

does the default unity admin use a user license ?

francis.labelle
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, when I look at the licence count of my unity (UM with exchange) I see that I have 35 UM license used. When I see at the number of configured subscriber I count 37 (2 directory handle + 34 users + 1 default unity admin).

My question, is it normal that the default unity admin (ext 9999) use one user license ?

Can I setup on the same unity server a set of UM mail box and another set of non-UM mailbox ?

Thanks !

2 Replies 2

Hin Lee
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If the account is an Unity subscriber, it will use a license. If you want to remove the Example Adminstrator, what you have to do is at least place a Subscriber into the

Default Administrator Class of Service.

see the details in the following doc:

Removing the Example Administrator Account in Cisco Unity 3.x

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00800e25f2.shtml

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

To answer your question about the UM versus non-UM licensing on the same server - no. Your server is licensed for unified messaging, not voicemail only. However, you can simulate a voicemail only subscriber by:

- Create a class of service that does not give access to text to speech. You can optionally disable Unity inbox or Unity Assistant also.

- Create a user account that is separate from the current user's email account. We create a vm-xxxxx name for example and email enable the account.

- Import the account into Unity.

- Hide the account from the directory (GAL).

- User only accesses vm from the phone interface and does not see the vm in Outlook.

- Apply the COS you created to the new user.

Ginger