cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dummy CTI Route Points Fail When CUCM Subscriber is Down

techie6328
Level 1
Level 1

My CTI route points, which are unregistered "dummy" devices which exist only to direct certain DID numbers straight to call handler greetings in Unity Connection, fail when the CUCM subscriber is down and I cannot figure out why the publisher doesn't take over this function. The server configuration is:

UCS server #1:

--CUCM publisher (11.5)

--Unity Connection publisher (11.5)

UCS server #2:

--CUCM subscriber (11.5)

--Unity Connection subscriber (11.5)

The call handler configuration is: DID number -> Translation Pattern -> CTI Route Point -> SCCP connection to Unity Connection -> Forwarded Routing Rules -> Call Handler

When the CUCM subscriber is down, external callers to the DID number hear an infinite silence, and internal calls directly to the CTI route point receive a busy signal.

Additional configuration details:

--The CTI Manager service is running on both the CUCM publisher and subscriber.

--All the CTI route points belong to a device pool which is configured with a CUCM group that has both the publisher and subscriber in it.

--The DNs associated with the CTI RPs are configured to "forward all" to voicemail and have the correct voicemail profile.

Obviously it's a little hard to perform upgrades and stuff without full redundancy. I have a TAC case open but they've been slow to move on the issue and they missed my WebEx appointment. I feel certain it's a simple misconfiguration, but I don't know where else to look. Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then the problem is not the CTI RP, your integration to CUC is not properly configured for failover, that's your issue.

Review the SCCP integration guide and make sure it's properly configured for failover on both sides, CUCM and CUC.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Can you reach VM when that happens?

Just press the VM button on a phone, or call someone and let it go to VM, does that work?

HTH

java

Just tested. NEGATIVE, I cannot reach voicemail. When calling my own DN from outside, I heard a hiccup when it should have gone to voicemail and then it just kept ringing.

I looked in passing at the Voicemail Profile and Voicemail Pilot configurations, but there's not much there. We have an SCCP connection to Unity Connection.

Then the problem is not the CTI RP, your integration to CUC is not properly configured for failover, that's your issue.

Review the SCCP integration guide and make sure it's properly configured for failover on both sides, CUCM and CUC.

HTH

java

Bingo, the issue was on the Unity side. The port group had only one server configured. Thanks for the assist!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: