Helpful
Replies

Duplicate Voice Mails - Every Minute

stu.packett
Level 1
Level 1

Unity 4.1.1

Exchange 2003 off box

We just had a power outage, so Exchange was down, but Unity stayed up. All voice mails were stored in the UMR. We're back up now, but I have one user who is getting the same duplicate voice mail every minute. I had to create an Outlook rule so that it deletes it automatically, but has anyone seen this? Any suggestions what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stu -

I would check in the Unity server's UMR folder for the folder called Failed and see if the file still exists there. The default location is c:/commserver/UnityMTA/Failed. When Unity is in UMR mode the voice messages are stored here and automatically transferred to Exchange when the Exchange server becomes operational. Although rare, messages can get abandoned here if the account/alias is deleted in the interim or perhaps in your case, one is stuck there. Usually a stop/start of the AvUMRSychSvr service does the trick.

Ginger

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stu -

I would check in the Unity server's UMR folder for the folder called Failed and see if the file still exists there. The default location is c:/commserver/UnityMTA/Failed. When Unity is in UMR mode the voice messages are stored here and automatically transferred to Exchange when the Exchange server becomes operational. Although rare, messages can get abandoned here if the account/alias is deleted in the interim or perhaps in your case, one is stuck there. Usually a stop/start of the AvUMRSychSvr service does the trick.

Ginger

Hi -

Amending my previous post - stored by default in c:/commserver/UnityMTA when in UMR mode, but you may also want to check the Failed folder. Please use which drive you configured on your Unity server, as this folder path can be changed during Unity install (and also via Advanced Settings Tool).

Ginger

After I failed back, I restarted the failover server and that seemed to be the trick. Thanks for sending the path to the failed messages. That will be very helpful in the future.