cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

EADMIN directory object deleted 4.04 help?

ischarcm
Level 1
Level 1

Using unity 4.04 with exchange 2k off box..

Got the following event log message

The EAdmin directory object was deleted. The corresponding Cisco Unity account is undeletable.

Some functionality will be unavailable, and Cisco Unity may fail to function properly until the directory object is restored.

To restore the directory object, run the Message Store Configuration Wizard with the sync flag: "C:\CommServer\ConfigurationSetup\setup.exe" /sync

For more information, click: http://www.CiscoUnitySupport.com/find.php

I am not sure of the procedure or ramification of this account being deleted..

Do I simply go to the command line on unity box and

go to C:\CommServer\ConfigurationSetup and run setup.exe / sync?

What will this do?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, that will do it - this will run through the subscriber, location and DL tables and if any object in there does not have a corresponding directory object (they all should) then one will be created for them on the fly.

Since EAdmin is used as the default owner/message recipient and is the only default member of the Unaddressed Messages DL it's important that it's either there or you've taken steps to replace references to it with another live subscriber before removing them (it is possible to remove them if you need to).

ok sounds good... If I ran DBWALKER would it turn up anything fishy with this account being gone? I didn't see any errors that seemed like it correlated... I have made myself a member of unaddressed messages, so that should take care of that part.. Just a matter of looking for your opinion, should I go ahead and run through the steps of running the command file... or with the lack of evidence in dbwalker and the fact im now a member of unaddressed messages should be good?

dbWalker is only looking at SQL and the registry - so the fact that it's gone in AD is not going to be picked up - this is the nature of the error you saw, actually - when it's removed in AD, Unity will try to then remove it from SQL, however since it's marked undeletable that is prevented and it threw that error.

sounds like a good idea to run that executable then ... I appreciate your help and input as always Jeff

Chris