Views
Helpful
Replies

EMS does not send any notifications!

roger.widmer1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I've got two Unity Server running in Voicemail only configuration using 4.0(3)SR1.

I installed RSK 1.0.14 and EMS 1.2.9 to monitore the Event Log.

On one of the two servers it works just fine on the other it doesn't do a thing.

After checking the various log files I found that the EMS somehow cannot save or use the configuration. I found these errors in the log:

CsEmsSvc_Err_20050602.txt:

"2005/06/02","12:32:10","7028","CEmuDb::PutConfigurationData() caught COM exception Error=[80004005] E:\views\kwiebe_cat\un_Applications\Error Monitor Utility\CsEmsSvc\EmuDb.cpp:line(497) "

"2005/06/02","12:32:10","7028","CsEmsSvc service start E:\views\kwiebe_cat\un_Applications\Error Monitor Utility\CsEmsSvc\CsEmsSvc.cpp:line(404) "

If I look at the normal log file I can see that the event was detected, but no notification took place. An extract from the log:

CsEmsSvc_Log_20050602.txt:

"2005/06/02","12:32:51","Event received","Application","EMSTest","10001","Information","","","","","","","","",""

"2005/06/02","12:32:51","Event Monitored","Application","EMSTest","10001","Information","EMSTest","10001","Information","0","1","","","",""

I already tried to uninstall / install again.

Copied the EMSDB.mdb from the running server.

Everything without any success.

I would be very grateful if anybody knows how to fix the issue?

Thanks

Roger

4 Replies 4

k.wiebe
Level 1
Level 1

Roger,

Is the EMSDB.MDB file write protected? For whatever reason, the account running the CsEmsSvc service is unable to access that database - either write protection or folder permissions are preventing it, would be my guess.

Are the accounts running the service on the two boxes similar in the permissions they have?

-Ken

Hi Ken

Thanks for your reply.

I checked the user that is used to run CsEmsSvc and checked the folder / file permissions of EMSDB.MDB.

Everything is ok from my point of view. I even cross checked with the other server and both use the same user and have the same permissions.

BTW: The CsEmsSvc runs under UnityMsgStoreSvc account and the account is in the Administrators group.

Could it be that CsEmsSvc has got some wrong configuration / reference data? Is there anything to check?

/Roger

I don't know if you are still having problems with this, I have just had the same issue and it seems to have been the service installed twice causing it. Try this: -

Remove all instances of the service by using control panel, go to unity tools depot and start the EMS application, use the application to remove the service. Run the application again from unitytools depot, add required passwords etc. Check the application path from Unitytools depot, browse to folder and check file permissions on database, change to read/write access for user. Now configure alerts and test. This worked for me after a couple of days banging my head against a brick wall.